Hey,
I think the situation in Darfur is the Janjaweed's fault. They did have help from other people too but they were the ones doing the rapes and murders. One of the people that helped them were the Chineese. The Chineese traded guns and machinery for oil. Although the U.S. and U.N. did not give money and weapons to the Janjaweed they didnt do anything to stop the genocide. If they called it genocide they would have to help but if they just called it civil war they wouldnt be obligated.
These past 2 weeks have been fun. My parent rented Face/Off for me. Nicholas Cage and John Travolta are in it. It was really good! We had Friday off and I just hung out and did homework. I went to the movie theater and saw I Love You Man it was really funny! I also saw Adventureland that was really good too.
-Caitlyn
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree the situation in Darfur is mainly the Janjaweed's fault, they are the ones doing the killing and raping. And yeah, i think we should be doing something to help. I really want to see I love you man! it looks so funny haha
I agree that it's mainly the Janjaweed's fault but I think more blame could be put on the government and the Chinese. They are both fully aware of the genocide occurring and I don't think they really care. I think the Chinese just provide the weapons to the government in order to keep the oil coming to them. The government denies giving the Janjaweed weapons and supporting them in killing thousands of people, and yet they are a main source of the violence. Oh well haha. :)
I love Nicholas Cage and John Travolta. They're some of my favorite actors!!! :)
Post a Comment